Shop till you drop


-->
Yesterday talked to a school friend after a long time (infact the first time after school :P). We laughed as we recounted the school days and riveted into the present and the past. I learnt that she was off to Mumbai for a wedding. The first exclamation to come out of me was ‘Happy Shopping’, instead of a ‘Happy Vacation’.. Well those of you who have already started squinting over this, let me throw some more light for you. Actually shopping is crucial for many, a pastime for some and liability for the rest; incidentally my friend belongs to the first category.

In a nutshell shopping is another feat which is not everybody’s cup of tea. Ok a candid question to gauge your shopping skills. How many of you could freely get into a shop, look for all sorts of things, dislike objects shown and walk away to another store, without a miniscule of hesitation? If you have an affirmative answer for this, you automatically qualify for the utmost summit on my scale.

This skill, most admittedly, is generally harbored by the women. No doubt it is a priceless ability of many ladies that they can pull an entire store down and then walk away saying that they did not like anything. Infact the downgraded position of men in this field is very well reflected in the fact that they feel embarrassed even while accompanying the female to a store when she is about to stage a convulsion.

Well the fact that men do not enjoy this shopping spree, does not mean they are out of it, neither does it mean that all women are in the shopping freak lot. Ask me and I could put forward many examples. In the fairer sex, I know different classes: one of whom is a shopping addict, who is always scanning the newspapers looking out for latest trends and discounts, the other prefers to stay out of it all. So perhaps linking the shopping bug with gender is not totally correct, yet it fits in most of the time.
Talking about shopping, in my own family, indeed I have seen incidents of entering a shop for a particular ‘something’ and ended up cluttering the home with lots of ‘many things’, but not the one we went out for. J

Well the festive season is over but I believe the shopping fever has not subsided yet. Just be hopeful that Levis and Pantaloons are listening and would pay some heed to the prayers of those who pick up the newspaper everyday with a hope, with aspiring eyes looking for the advertisements. The eyes which pleasure in the % discount sign itself, missing out on the small ‘* Conditions Apply’ at the bottom. For whom 30% is exceptional, and 50 irresistible…

Let the shopping spree rage high!


Comments

Hitesh said…
hehe.good job.only a female can write this particular stuff so artistically.keep going.......
Webby said…
Hey I am free for next 2 days for shopping, provided you are going to finance it :D I LOVE SHOPPING!!!
And yes! I totally agree with what you said linking shopping with gender is not correct as I personally know most of boys in my friend circle, who love shopping, a lot!!!
So HAPPY SHOPPING!!! :D
Mohita Menon said…
thnx adonis.. looking forward to seeing something from u as well..( d blog u said thts gonna cum up :P)

ya Renu.. I agree and wish u d same :P
Unknown said…
a very fine observation indeed of the shopping habits of people...but i want to know in which category you fall??? :)
Mohita Menon said…
umm.. my category falls inbetween :D..
m neither a great ardent fan of shoppin like my friend, nor am I out of it :)but yes I enjoy d knack pretty much..
hekkum said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
hekkum said…
i don know if luv shopping or not but
whenever i go to accompany sumbody for shopping "sumthng", i always end up buying "many thngs" for maself :):P:D
[doesn't really matter if dat sumbody gets "sumthng" or not, i will always get "many thngs" :):D]
happy shopping!!!
Bahniman said…
wenevr i've accompanied any woman, fr shopping--be it my Ma or my sis or aunt, i've alwaz ended up doing 1 thng--holding the bags fr them!
Ankita Saikia said…
well wat can i say...i love shopping...its a timepass,a hobby,a feel gud factor and a lot more... ;)
Pulkit Agarwal said…
http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/Men_are_better_shoppers_than_women-nid-63342.html

Lo silicon India ne bhi maan liya hai :D

Popular posts from this blog

Random: Musings from Harry Potter to Diwali

Untitled

The lakeside