Morning bytes

On usual days, there is a long hiatus between the moment I open my eyes to the one I actually rise from my bed; as a matter of fact I need to go through numerous alarm snoozes and self persuasions before I could get up. In winters, it only becomes more daunting to get out of the warmth of your nestled couch and snuggled quilts.

However this day was different. I was woken up by the shrill cadence of the birds twittering in my backyard. There was some magic in the air that pulled me to come out of my bed. I took a deep breath and came out of the quilt, not even waiting to glance at the watch. I got up to find the soft morning light peering through the window blinds at the far end of the room. As I took my way to the window, I could feel the chill of the morning breeze running down my spine.

Night dew still clung to the grass and the sight was beautiful. I felt as if countless prisms have been placed on the grass, or if a sheet of silver strewn on the ground . I saw the lemon tree housing hundreds of those frantic birds, standing with the gentle waft playing on its leaves. The soil was a little dampened and exuded a celestial scent that filled the whole moment.

I looked up at the sky to find long hoards of white woolly clouds sailing across. The sight drew me back and I smiled as I recounted the evenings when we all cousins used to sit together gaping at the enormity of the space, munching the orange toffees and naming the shapes of the clouds-sometimes a house, sometimes a dragon.

Coming out of my musings, I wondered as I looked at the little red sun at the far crest, that how in a couple of hours it will rise and become the strident yellow ball inspiring awe in every creature. The red ball hung against a faint orange sky and I was lucky enough to catch the glimpse of the silhouette of a bird couple flying at the horizon across the painted background.

Not wanting to turn my gaze away from the magical sight, I glared at the watch through the side of my eyes. Both the needles were huddled together at the bottom – it was 6.30.

I was feeling a buoyant spirit inside me as I moved away from the window preparing myself to get started with the daily preoccupations. Although I hadn’t even brushed till then, yet I felt myself soothed, infact my inner soul rejuvenated. I had a smile stretching across my face and all my worries had vanished.
Just a brief connection with nature had ushered in a new zeal and peace; there was something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature and the magical rendezvous that I had, filled me with the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

Comments

ahhh..morning!!! still among da rarest thing which i have witnessed in my lil mortal life....dats y ma fav lines in dis bful article are related with warmth of couch.... :P
Once again..gud work by MOHITA, but still waiting fr something more complete...more dan the wizardry of words...more dan wat we xpect...as u r almighty :P
poulami said…
beautifully written !!! almost created the same soothing warmth of the spring though i was reading it in the chilly evening ... with the web of bful wrds one wudnt really mind if it gets entangled in it , rather i hope i wud be lucky to see more of these !!!! GUD WORK MOHITA .. all the best fr future
Mohita Menon said…
Thanks ppl! :)
Keep lookin fr more :)
prachi said…
he he "u need to go through numerous alarm snoozes ,self persuasions and persuasions from others too " :P Neverthless very beautifully written :)I could almost feel the freshness of morning .. well done :) hope to see much more from u :)
Sinki said…
awesome work dear.. its only you who could have so well portrayed the intricacies of the morning charm.. lovely piece of writing!! all the best for your bright future.. :) :)
shobhit said…
as usual.. great work!! keep gng.. waiting for the next update..:)
Anonymous said…
a potent mix of wit and imaginativeness !! Good to enough to make Ayn Rand turn in her grave .. :P
Cherished it, Keep up da rhetoric work ...
Hitesh said…
one of the best ways to tell people why to get up early.gr8 work.keep going dear............
Mohita Menon said…
thanks fr appreciating :) hope zyada bhari nhi ho gaya..
Pulkit Agarwal said…
damn good work !

P.S.
Just check page 97 of 2 states - line 21 .
Your sun rise is better than his :)
Mohita Menon said…
comparison wid ayn rand n chetan bhagat.. omg.. neva expected tht even in my wildest dreams :P

thanku thanku all :D :)
sachin said…
lots of home work done by pulkit to write the comment :D :D
Anonymous said…
Not really .. had just read the 2 states then .. it kinda clicked my mind .(just had to count the lines though.. :D)
Chirpymirages said…
".....filled me with the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter" Nice post!! One could vividly imagine how a pleasant morning would be :)

The way concrete jungle is growing, you can't see any lemon trees around, forget about the poor frantic birds :(

Enjoyed reading through it!! Good Work.

Popular posts from this blog

Random: Musings from Harry Potter to Diwali

Untitled

The lakeside