Hasee toh phasee


“What is this! Just a few lines strewn on a canvas and they cost you thousands. Sheer daytime robbery!“, Sahil mumbled as he came across a large painting. He had already been to several other rooms in the exhibition and everytime just came out with more exasperation.

The girl standing next to him who was also looking at the same painting overheard his remark and turned to face him.

Her eyes caught his as she spoke,  “Well I think there is always more to something than what meets the eyes, whether it’s the case of a person or a thing. Same goes for the paintings.”. She spoke with an endearing smile on her face and walked ahead to see the next painting.

He was in a daze for a moment as he quickly assembled himself and caught another glimpse at her. She was a dawning beauty, wearing a white linen tucked in shirt and stone washed jeans, her hair flowing as she glided to the next sculpture.

“What can really be there behind those random lines that could mean anything more, honestly I cant understand what the artist tried doing here”. He couldn’t resist himself from walking down to her.

She turned to him, as her eyes sparkled. “I think abstract paintings like these give you a chance to let your imagination free, think broad speculating the artist's intention.” She paused for a second flicking her lashes, “You aren’t much into art, are you?”.

“Yeah I am not. But I always love to know more about any pretty thing I come across, just like I would love to know more about you. Would you mind enlightening me?”

“You find me pretty, eh?”,

“Yes you are. Very. If you don’t mind being complimented.”

“Ha! Who wouldn’t!” She blushed, with a beaming smile.

“Hansi toh phansi Sahil, this is your chance”, Sahil wondered. He spoke ahead “So does this mean I get a chance to know more about you over coffee?".  He briefly stopped to ensure he had her attention and continued, "I am Sahil, by the way.” He extended his hand to shake hers.

Before he could get any response, a man shoved him back and stood facing the girl. He wielded a pen and a notebook in his hands as he spoke, “So Mrs. Tara, you won the best artist award today for your painting 'The Twisted Lines'. I am  sure your family and husband will be very proud. What do you think has been the reason behind your success?”

She smiled as she saw Sahil’s jaw drop in the background, “Well I follow the same principle in my paintings as I do in my real life. I prefer to give others a chance to think wild. To let imaginations loose." She beamed, "By not directly revealing the best essence.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random: Musings from Harry Potter to Diwali

Untitled

TV, Biwi & Karva Chauth