A beautiful era, an integral part

I was looking through some files on my old laptop when I came across this piece.. its actually a poem written in April last yr when we were at the verge of leaving collg ( infact as most people know, I have not been into poem writing much, but I dont know what was going through my mind when I penned this one) It is not very good as a literary piece, but happens to be something really special to my heart.

And seeing that its nearly 1 year since this was written, I decided to post this to my blog. A lot of things have changed in the past 1 year since we left Allahabad, and I just soo much wish those days can come back.....

 I also wish I could tag all my gang here, but blogger apparently doesnt give that option yet as fb does :)

Here it goes...



" Through frailties, through life’s thick n thin
You all stayed by my side as an angel akin.

When every miniscule of joy got quadrupled when together we laughed,
When every shred of tear ebbed with your reassuring words apt .

The days we spent teasing and talking, 
not knowing when d clock ticked fast
When with bated breaths,
we waited to share some of our old foolish knacks.

Joys, gloom, anger or fury.. every emotion got shared so well.
The trust grew so sanguine that I could hardly tell.

It makes me wonder,  fathoming the strange thought again
If without you, the voyages wud have been just the same.

It sometimes aches to see the time slipping away,
How things would ensue when everyone takes his way.

But thy shall remain always in my heart,
A beautiful era , An integral part "



Comments

kritika said…
very correctly said an era... :) will remain in our hearts ... we might forget the faces one day .... but how cld we forget the togetherness of dose chirping voices ...
Someone from ald came to meet me and said in train they met some girl who did Btech and passed out with us ... and the person said she doesnt knw me ... I was amazed but i cld confidently say then she wont be from mnnit... :)
but i prayed in heart secretly i hope that would be the case........
Sinki said…
awesome.. very truly, those days will remain etched in our memories for the lifetime.. the moments of laughter,tears and closeness that we all shared together can never come back now and will always be very precious to our hearts.. :)
hekkum said…
Seriously an integral part :)
I can relate with every line of this poem. Feel lucky to have such great friends :)
Though at that time we never thought that we were making memories that will remain with us forever, we thought we were just having fun :)

PS: Senti kar dis badmaash :)
Mohita Menon said…
@kriti n sinki
miss u ppl re... a lottt
:)
kani said…
So touching..yar tune to senti kar diya :| I wish those days could be relived, our chit-chits, the group meetings(yaad hai:P periodic event:P),hanging around nesci, panditji ki chaai,all the cultural events..ragging sab kuch!! I'm sure none of us will ever forget..THOSE WERE THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE :)
Mohita Menon said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohita Menon said…
@abhishek..
phodu line re
"we never thought that we were making memories that will remain with us forever, we thought we were just having fun :)"

aaj i ws going thru some pics and i can relate to this really well...
srsly un pics ki importance ab samajh aati hai..
(so d moral is jitni ho sake utni pics khicho :P ;))

@kriti n sinki n kani(:P).. well said.. really true....
kanika 2 lines mei sab kuch yaad dila dia tune :)

miss u all :(

Lucky to have u all :)
Pulkit Agarwal said…
hats off
Last 4 to great lines thin
prachi said…
I am choked and have nothing to add to all that has been written!!!Memories came flooding back to me after reading this. Mohita you always manage to touch my heart be it thru ur writing or your actions :)
Ankita Saikia said…
seriosly those were some of the best days of my lyf...nuthn beats it... :)
Mohita Menon said…
Really those were d bestest days of our lives :)

Miss u all lots.. n lots
Webby said…
... Heart touching one... I seriously miss those days a lotttt!!!! I hate it when we are not together :( I so so wish to have those days back!!
...
:(
Anonymous said…
Owner please feed me a new post
Your Sincerely
Blog

Popular posts from this blog

Random: Musings from Harry Potter to Diwali

Untitled

The lakeside