Philately

I have finally decided to rekindle a lot of hobbies of mine that were deeply in slumber for the past 4-5 years. When one’s pastime becomes watching movies all day long, it is really heartening to be able to reclaim some of the old knacks after a long time.

I recently stumbled upon my stamp stock book while skimming through some of my old possessions at home. I realized that the book hasn’t seen any addition in the last few years. The book had become all dusty but it still housed the 600 odd stamps that I and my cousin brother had collected. There were some more stamps that did not fit into the book and were kept seperate, but I wasn’t able to locate them in the house.

I decided to scan some of them so that I could have the pictures saved with me always, lest I forget my hobby again :P . Well of course any reference to this hobby of mine shall be rendered incomplete without paying due gratitude to those warriors who endured my pestering for getting overseas stamps, and to those who acceded to such demands :P.


And to attract some philatelists to exchange and some generous friends to donate stamps :P, I decided to have a post on this hobby of mine. Here is a glimpse of a small part of my collection:




A lot of people have not seen many Indian stamps. I have met many who have seen only Gandhiji on stamps and they believe this is what India has to offer.I scanned a few Indian stamps which were a little different from the usual ones we use. I was able to scan only a few and here are some crude pictures(you could see how pathetically I have scanned!)

Comments

Unknown said…
quite a good collection....
Mohita Menon said…
thank u dear :)

thr were many more stamps from my collectn whose pics I wanted to post here, but my aalas overpowered me! :P
Unknown said…
You cleaned up!! Ane and me are very impressed. Still have the triangular stamps?
Mohita Menon said…
ya a couple of the triangular ones r still dere.. :) thanks to u! :P
Unknown said…
yeah.. i do remember during school dayzz wen i frst came 2 knw bout ur tis unique hobby.. :) ws quite amazed 2 c few f ur collectionzz in te back cover f 1 f ur diary... tats where u kept few f dem .. rite?? :)
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohita Menon said…
@shivani.. haan.. school k samay toh mann se collection bhi karti thi..
but collg aane k baad choot gayi hobby :(

Popular posts from this blog

Random: Musings from Harry Potter to Diwali

Untitled

TV, Biwi & Karva Chauth